Moist, melt in your mouth banana bread with a choclately touch! It’s so good, kinda hard to believe it is gluten and dairy free.
Recipe makes one loaf and only 10 minutes to prep! Alternatively you can use the same recipe for muffins and reduce baking time to 20-25 minutes. Option to also make without the chocolate chips, but let’s be serious...you want the chocolate chips. They just make everything that much yummier :)
3 medium ripe bananas (the kind with brown spots)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil for greasing pan
1 cup packed almond flour (I used Bobs Red Mill brand)
1 cup oat flour (blend or process whole gluten free oats)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy and soy free-Enjoy Life brand)
2-3 tbsp extra chips for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease 8x4 loaf baking pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
3. In a large bowl mash bananas and mix in all wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. (Process oats into oat flour before mixing).
5. Add dry ingredients to wet, stir to combine into a batter.
6. Fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter mixture into baking pan and option to sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from oven and let cool. Loaf should come out of pan easily, use a knife around the edges if necessary.
Transfer to airtight container once cooled or serve and enjoy!
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.