A favourite whole foods breakfast when I’m not in the mood for a shake. A balance of good carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats all in one bowl with some added natural sweetness.
*gluten free, dairy free, vegan.
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup of gluten free quick oats (I use Only Oats brand)
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I use frozen organic berries from Costco)
1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tbsp diced walnut pieces
1 tbsp combined pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Pour water into pot and bring to boil
2. Pour oats into boiling water and reduce to low heat
3. After 1 minute mix in all berries, stir to combine and then remove off heat.
4. In a separate bowl combine tahini and maple syrup
5. Heat tahini maple syrup mixture in a separate pot on stove top or heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
6. Transfer oat and berry mixture to a bowl and pour tahini maple syrup mixture over top.
7. Sprinkle walnuts and seeds on top.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.