These tiny bite sized balls pack a mean punch! Loaded with real food ingredients that give you a heafty dose of healthy fat (including plant based omega 3s), protein and good carbohydrate all at once, as well balance mood, energy and hormones. Not to mention there is no added sweetener in this recipe, only the purest source derived straight from nature. Yep, dates are literally natures dessert and if you are unsure of these large raisin looking fruits I promise this recipe will change your mind! The perfect grab and go snack for busy work days, business travellers, busy Moms and all those in between.
Makes 18 balls
1 1/2 cup dates, de-pitted and chopped in half
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp hemp seed
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/3 cup peanut or other nut butter (I’ve used almond, blended nut and seed butters, and even tahini - sesame paste, for extra phytoprogesterone support)
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Cacao powder
*extra hemp seed for topping
*coconut flakes for topping
1. Place almonds, walnuts, chia, hemp, sesame, and ground flax into food peocessor. Process on high for about 1 minute until nuts and seeds well combined.
2. Next add dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, and nut/seed butter of your choice. Process on high for another 1-2 minutes until mixture well combine and sticky.
3. Sprinkle extra hemp seed and coconut flakes into seperate bowls or just use one topping of your choice.
4. Remove canister and blade from processor. Scoop out mixture using your hands and form into bite sized balls.
5. Roll balls over hemp or coconut topping until covered.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.