The great go-to pancake with no need for flour. This recipe is a huge hit amongst my Mom friends, which is how it came my way, and to be honest would be a crime not to share with all of you. You will love it and your kids will love it. Definitely a great swap for anyone avoiding gluten, wheat or grains altogether.
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp almond or other nut/seed butter
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp butter or coconut oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Mash banana in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add eggs, and beat to combine.
3. Add nut butter and combine with mixture. Option to also add half or full scoop protein or collagen powder to boost protein. *2 eggs + nut butter will give you about 16g protein.
4. Heat skillet on stove top at med-high heat, and add coconut oil or butter to pan.
5. Pour mixture into pan and cook like a pancake! Reduce to medium heat. Flip once you see the mixture start to bubble (about 4-5 mins on first side). Option to make one large or two smaller cakes.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.