Ready hot meals that do most of the work for you. Perfect batch recipe to prepare on the weekend for instant dinner during the week or lunches to-go! And sooooo delicious.
8 servings, Gluten-Free
1 package of gluten free oven ready lasagna noodles (I used brown rice). *About 12 noodles.
1 container (500g) of 2% cottage cheese
1 package of frozen chopped spinach (organic if possible), and already thawed
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 jar of your favourite tomato sauce (watch out for added sugar, I like the marinara sauce from Costco and use half the jar)
1 cup water
4 cups finely sliced Cremini mushrooms
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Basil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of red chilli flakes
1. Chop all ingredients for the sauce and then add avocado oil to a large sauce pan on med-high heat.
2. Add all ingredients except the sauce and water. Sauté until liquid evaporated, about 10 minutes. Then add sauce and water, bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer.
3. In a large bowl, add cottage cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, egg, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Squeeze all moisture out of spinach. Best to use a nut milk bag or cheese cloth if you have one. Gradually add and stir spinach into cheese mixture.
5. Add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of your slow cooker, and place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread 2 cups of cheese mixture evenly over noodles and add 3-4 more noodles on top. Pour half of the remaining sauce over top. Repeat, adding more noodles, remaining cheese mixture, more noddles and remaining sauce.
6. Top with leftover mozzarella and Parmesan to desired amount.
7. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Then it’s ready to go!
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.