The best damn brownies you’ll ever have! Serve them to your friends and family and I swear they won’t even know what they are eating. Another plus is these treats are high in protein and fiber, and low in processed sugar so they won’t through your blood sugar for a loop and will actually support healthy mood balance. The words healthy and dessert can go together!
Makes 16 thick brownies
3 cups black beans
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar or other alternative sugar
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (try Enjoy Life brand)
Another 1/4 dark cup chocolate chips stirred in whole or on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Drain and rinse black beans
3. Add black beans and all other ingredients to food processor (except for second 1/4 cup of chocolate chips).
4. Process on high until consistency is smooth and ingredients well combined.
5. Remove blade and pour remaining whole chocolate chips into mixture and combine.
6. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil, and pour mixture evenly into dish.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Test brownies by poking with a toothpick. If no batter residue on stick they are ready.
Let sit cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy and serve nice and warm!
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.