Kale is hands down my most favourite leafy green and there are lots of great reasons why I choose to add it as a staple in the diet..
1. Loaded with essential vitamins the body needs like vitamin A, C, K and B’s.
2. Excellent source of calcium and contains other vital minerals.
3. Both leaf and stem provide an awesome source of fibre to flush and eliminate toxins and waste.
4. You can prepare a salad with dressing and the next day no sign of wilted soggy greens.
5. You can add kale to a shake and you won’t even know it’s there, making it easy to get your morning dose of veggies.
I also love adding fruit to salads during the summer. Here is a great salad recipe that will pack and extra punch for your detoxification organs, helping your liver, kidneys and intestinal tract to function optimally.
Bunch of organic kale
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cucumber diced
1 cup organic wild blueberries
1 organic green apple sliced (skin on)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp turmeric
Juice squeezed from 1 lemon
Toss together and serve. Great alongside grilled salmon or chicken, or marinated tempeh steaks.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.