Serves 4-6 depending on the size of your bowl 😋
1 small bunch broccoli, chopped (add some stem for extra fibre)
4 small-medium sized zucchini, chopped into chunks
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 can coconut milk
2 cups vegetable broth or veggie bullion cube mixed with 2 cups boiled water
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Roast broccoli and zucchini with coconut oil in a glass dish. Roast them together or in separate dishes if necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 30 mins, stirring at half way.
2. Chop onion, sauté in fry pan with butter until cooked through and golden brown. About 10-15 mins. As a time saver with a Vitamix, option to add onion and butter raw to Vitamix. Just means onions are not caramelized and onion flavour is less sweet.
3. Toss cooked broccoli, zucchini and onion into blender or vitamix. Add vegetable stock, curry powder, salt and coconut milk.
4. Power on soup mode until steamy hot! With using traditional blender or processor transfer soup mixture back to stove top to heat it up.
5. Top with extra sea salt and pepper. I also added some nutritional yeast flakes for some cheesy flavour and added protein and immune support.
*Note: this recipe is also tasty with just using zucchini on it’s own :). Add another zucchini or two to the recipe if you forgo the broccoli or reduce curry powder to 1 tbsp and coconut milk to 1/2 the can.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.