A plant-based version of Masala for all your Indian food cravings! Savoury and spicy flavours and easy on digestion. When in doubt I always say add turmeric. It has many health benefits including its anti-inflammatory and hormone balancing effect, and good mood promoting minerals like iron and magnesium.
Ingredients: (Makes Two Servings)
3 cans chickpeas or 1 large 28oz can
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
2 onions, or 1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add more for more heat)
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp arrowroot powder or xanthan gum (thickener)
1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro per serving
1. Cook 1 cup of organic white rice or other alternative grain.
2. In a skillet/wok heat oil in a pan, sauté onions until translucent.
3. Add garlic, sauté for 1 more minute.
4. Add all spices and then chickpeas, and tomatoes. Cook for another 15 minutes on med heat.
5. Add coconut oil - cook another 5 minutes.
6. Top w cilantro
Option to have with a side of green steamed or roasted veggies like broccoli or asparagus :)
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.