Spicing it up in the salad department. A colourful and nutrient dense dish, perfect for dinner or lunch to-go for the next day.
These ingredients specifically nourish our detoxification organs and gut (liver, kindneys, intestinal tract) and our endocrine and nervous system (adrenals, brain) with high doses of vitamin Bs, C, anti-oxidants to protect the body and stress supporting minerals like magnesium.
**4-6 servings, depending if served as a side or a main dish. Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
For the noodles..
1 package thin rice noodles
1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
For the salad..
1/2 Nappa cabbage - finely chopped
4 cups spinach - rough chopped
1 medium red onion - diced
1 red or yellow pepper (or half of each)- sliced
1 cup cilantro - chopped
1/2 cup raw cashews - chopped (best to chop with food processor to save time)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 lime - freshly squeezed
2 tbsp tamari sauce
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger - finely diced and peeled
1/2 cup green onion - diced
Extra sesame seeds
Sliced almonds or extra rough chopped cashews
1. Soak noodles in a large bowl for at least 1 hour in room temperature water.
2. Chop all salad ingredients. Add to large bowl and set aside.
3. After noodles have soaked, stir-fry on med-high heat in frying pan or wok with oil. Fry for 10-15 minutes, or until noodles soften.
4. Remove noodles from heat and place in fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Add dressing ingredients to a food processor or whisk by hand in a separate bowl until combined.
6. Remove noodles from fridge, combine salad incredients with noodles.
7. Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss to combine.
8. Serve, adding toppings to ech serving.
Enjoy and be well!
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.