Raw Power Cookies ~ makes 16-18 balls. Gluten-free, dairy-free, no processed sugar and no baking required!
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats.
2/3 cup nut or seed butter of your choice. (I use almond or the nut and seed butter blend from Costco 👌🏻).
3 tbsp chia seeds.
3 tbsp hemp seeds.
1 tsp cinnamon.
4 tbsp raw honey.
1 tbsp sesame seeds.
1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy life brand) OR cacao nibs.
Not much else to it...
1. Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl.
2. Combine using spoon or your hands to ensure all ingredients mixed together well.
3. Use your hands to roll mixture into a ball.
4. Place into muffin liners and store in an airtight container in the fridge. :D
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Perfectly easy treats to whip up this holiday season or any season for that matter! No baking required, and takes about all of 15 minute to make. Sub out peanut for another nut butter of your choice or use sunflower butter to make nut-free.
3 cups crispy rice puff cereal
1 1/ 2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Pour rice crisps into separate large bowl.
2. Melt all other ingredients in a pot on stove top.
3. Pour melted mixture over rice crisps and stir until evenly covered.
4. Transfer mixture into an 8x8 square baking pan lined with parchment paper and flatten down with a spoon/spatula.
5. Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes or store in the fridge in an air tight container.
6. Cut and serve!
The perfect side that’s also a meal...
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan
The fixings (per 4 servings):
4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean leaving skin on
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
Cilantro for garnish
Yoso coconut yogurt
Sriracha or hot sauce of your choosing
Sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350. Bake potatoes whole, poke each a few times with a fork. Bake for 1 hour.
2. When potatoes almost done, mash avocado with a fork and mix with fresh squeezed lime and sea salt and pepper to make a basic guacamole.
3. When soft to poke with a fork, potatoes are ready. Slice each down the middle making a pocket for all the fixings.
4. Layer each with guac mixture, small handful of arugula, 1/4 cup black beans, and top with a dollop of coconut yogurt, cilantro and drizzle with sriracha or hot sauce.
*Option to sprinkle with chilli flakes, nutritional yeast for cheesy flavour, or real cheddar for a non-vegan/dairy dish. And squeeze extra lime over top.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.