Whether your on the Paleo or Keto train, or just plain trying to avoid processed ingredients, this cookie recipe is a great one to have kicking around. Especially if you are a sucker for gingersnaps like me!
Recipe makes 12-16 cookies depending on how large you make them.
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp all spice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup almond (any nut/seed butter will do)
1/4 melted coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar (I combined with a touch of raw cane sugar for some extra sparkle)
1. Combine all dry ingredients into medium sized bowl and whisk to combine, getting all the lumps out.
2. Combine all wet ingredients into smaller bowl and stir until mixture well combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until completely combined.
4. Put mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. While mixture is chilling, line cookie sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350 F. Combine cinnamon and sugar into a separate small bowl for rolling.
6. Once chilled, roll mixture into balls using your hands, and then into cinnamon-sugar mixture.
7. Place balls on cookie sheet and flatten with your hand or a fork/back of a spoon.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Let cookies cool completely before eating.
10. Store at room temp in an airtight container.
Enjoy!! 🍪 🍪
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.