Droppin mad Beets....Honestly beets are so succulent and flavourful that they make their own recipe all by themselves!
Try wrapping them in foil (1-3 beets together depending on their size), and bake for 1 hour. Voila! Slice and drizzle some balsamic glaze over top and they are ready to serve. If they are organic, leave the skins on after slicing for some extra fibre.
Beets are awesome veggies for supporting our detox pathway by nourishing the liver and supporting elimination. They also soothe the nervous system as root veggies do not spike blood sugar but give us a steady natural dose of sugars, which can help us to feel more at ease and calm, while curbing cravings for other starchy carbohydrate snacks following dinner.
Give them a whirl. They make an excellent side dish alongside meat or plant-based meals.
In mindful health,
Summer is not quite over yet! Looking for some tasty side dish inspiration while firing up the grill this weekend?? Excellent for a fall bbq or anytime of the year to be quite honest...
Ingredients~ 6-8 servings
6 cups halved mini red/white potatoes
3 tbsp green onions
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon grainy mustard
1 large garlic clove crushed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp plain yogurt (use Avocado Mayo for a dairy-free option)
1 tbsp fresh dill or your favourite herb (add as much as you like! I definitely went heavy on the fresh dill.)
Drizzle olive oil until desired consistency (about 1-2 tbsp)
1. Halve and boil mini potatoes for about 20-25 mins. Potatoes are done when soft to poke with a fork. Remove from heat.
2. Strain potatoes and then add green onion, sea salt and pepper and white balsamic vinegar to the pot. Cover and set aside.
3. In a seperate bowl combine mustard, lemon, yogurt, and garlic. Stir together and then add to potatoes.
4. Add desired amount of freshly chopped dill or other herb of your choosing.
5. Drizzle olive oil over potato mixture and stir to combine.
6. Transfer to a bowl to cool in the fridge for about 20-30 mins. Or store in air tight containers.
A collection of some of my favourite share worthy eats and treats! Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian, vegan or somewhere in between, I hope you and your family will enjoy these tasty and health conscious recommendations to nourish both body and mind.